Deepwater Riser Services
Comprehensive Service with Convenient Access.
Deepwater Riser Services
Chet Morrison Contractors provides unparalleled production and drilling riser services for deepwater clients. Our services span the full life cycle of the riser. We offer a one stop shop for our clients requiring riser inspection, transportation, maintenance and repair and storage services for marine drilling risers, production risers and equipment.
- Land-based Storage and Preventive Maintenance
- Transportation From Deepwater Ports to Storage Facility
- Water Access to Houma Storage Facilities
- Offshore Inspections
- Transportation Inspections
- 6 Month, Annual, Five-year, and Ten-year Inspections
- Full Tear Down, Blast, Paint and Reassembly Capabilities
- Drilling Riser Component Repair
- Flotation Module Repair
- Subsea Products & Services
- GE channel partner
- Approved vendor to service Cameron risers
- Certified repair facility for Trelleborg
With an API Q1 Registered Quality Management System, we have the innate ability to deliver inspection services using certified quality control systems. We have built an in-house team of quality inspectors and NDT inspectors, including Level II and Level III inspectors, which eliminate the need to turn to 3rd party personnel.
- ISO 9001:2015 API Registration #2386
- API Q1 Registration #Q1-2287
- In-house Welding Procedures
- Quality Control Inspectors
- NDT Level II and Level III Inspectors
- UT, MT, PT, and VT Capabilities
- In-house SNT-TC-1A NDE Training Program
Our subsea and riser facilities in Houma, LA allow for convenient access to the Gulf of Mexico and feature waterfront access for the loading and offloading of rig equipment by barge or vessel.
Our location offers a safe harboring for risers and related equipment — minimizing the risk associated with storm impacts.
Deepwater vesselscan now dock at our waterfront facility in Houma, which is equipped with a crane and plenty of room for offloading.
Vessels coming from the Gulf can reach the riser yard in 4-6 hours once they enter the Houma Navigational Canal – only a few hours longer than continuing on to Port Fourchon. This inland route saves money on both handling and transportation of risers, the most valuable component of the drilling rig.
- Two (2) Storage Facilities in Houma, Louisiana
- Indoor Facilities and Warehousing
- 12-Hour Tow Time from Port Fourchon
- Expansion Available
- Dock can support Deepwater Supply Vessels
For a comprehensive listing of our service and capabilities, contact John DeBlieux, VP of Riser Services, at 985.868.1950.